- Swords and Wizardry: a character can regain 1 HP per day by resting; 4 weeks of rest gives full recovery.
- Advanced Dungeons & Dragons: 1 HP per day of rest; after 30 days that increases to 5 HP per day.
- 2nd Edition: 1 HP per day of rest; 3 HP per day with complete bed rest. A full week of complete bed rest allows a character to add her Constitution HP bonus to the 21 HP recovered for the week.
- 3.5 Edition/Pathfinder: 1 HP per character level per day for 8 hours of rest. With 24 hours of rest that increases to 2 HP per character level per day.
- 4th Edition: with a "short rest" you can use healing surges. With an "extended rest" you regain all lost hit points (and all used healing surges.
- Star Frontiers: 1 point for every 20 hours of rest.
- Champions, 2E: 1/10 of character's REC in BODY per day of rest.