A place wherein this Dwarven Cleric can share his love of maps, dice, miniatures, and all things involving gaming and general geekery--not to mention the occasional witty non-gaming observations--whilst escaping from the humdrum existence of his routine Terran existence.

Hail and Well Met, fellow traveler! May my Stronghold provide a place for enlightenment and amusement, and somewhere to keep your dice dry. Enter and rest awhile.

02 February 2014

[D&D 40th Anniversary Bloghop] Day Two

Day Two: First person who you introduced to D&D. Which edition? Their first character?

I've wracked my brain, sure that I had introduced someone to D&D back in my childhood. The only names I can come up with were jocks who would have had no interest in playing or kids like me that already were playing. Same in high school: everyone that I would have introduced were already playing.

Fast forward to the 21st century, when I picked up the dice again. There was a relative newbie in the group. I know he'd played Robotech before, but I cannot remember if this was the first time he'd played (and so would qualify as my first introduced, as I was a part of the group that introduced him).

So, I think I have to count my oldest four children as the first person people I introduced to D&D. As I've written before, I used the D&D 3.5 Beginner's Box to introduce them and used those pre-generated characters as their first characters.

Cast of Characters
Lanin: elf wizard (17-year-old daughter)
Carn: human rogue (15-year-old daughter)
Regdar: human fighter (13-year-old son)
Dothal: dwarven cleric (9-year-old son)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...