A place wherein this Dwarven Cleric can share his love of maps, dice, miniatures, and all things involving gaming and general geekery--not to mention the occasional witty non-gaming observations--whilst escaping from the humdrum existence of his routine Terran existence.

Hail and Well Met, fellow traveler! May my Stronghold provide a place for enlightenment and amusement, and somewhere to keep your dice dry. Enter and rest awhile.

13 July 2012

Community Geomorph Project

I've taken the plunge.

I just sent off my first four pages of entries to the Community Geomorph Project.

For those not in the know, Richard over at Save Vs. Dragon and the creator of the d30 DM Companion was inspired to begin a Geomorph project among the d30/OSR/RPG community. I was intrigued and decided to spend a day laying some lead down onto paper.

For the most part, I'm pleased with the results so far. It's a lot of fun to throw these small rooms/areas together without worrying about what "the whole" looks like. I've varied between caverns, temples, corridors, and single rooms. Lakes, ramps, chasms, and balconies are all found therein.

Ultimately the goal is to compile all of the community-generated geomorphs into one large PDF. They may also be thrown onto Dave's Mapper as well.

I'd urge you to check it out if you haven't already. It's for a worthy cause, after all...because you can never have too many maps!

Here are my first offerings:

1 comment:

New Big Dragon said...

Thanks for helping kick everybody in the patns. I was starting to worry that nobody was going to jump in on the action. But today, just a couple of hours after I received the first submission, I received yours (sorry, somebody beat you by just a bit).

Also, I've already decided next week is geomorph week, so I'll try to spend all week kicking everyone in the pants.

Thanks again! I'm looking forward to where this goes!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...